Saturday, June 28, 2008

Supreme Miscarage!

While it is NOT my intent to deal with political issues very often on this blog, a Supreme Court ruling issued on Thursday is outrageous and dangerous enough that I feel compelled to comment on it.



In a 5-4 decision, the LIFETIME appointees ruled that the 2nd Ammendment right to "keep and bear arms" gives Americans a right to self protection and that right supercedes the Fouders' original intent which called for such firearm possession as "part of a well regulated" militia.



Effectively, the Court is saying that gun ownership for personal protection is more important than for organized National defense. NRA advocates hailed this ruling as a victory and immediately set about exploiting the new freedom to dissamble several gun control laws and safegaurds, including waiting periods and background checks.



In issuing the ruling the Supereme Court Justices overturned Washington D.C's ban on handgun sales as unconstitutional (get ready for the #1 Murder Capitol Of The US again DC!) and left the door wide open for legal challenges and appeals against a number of laws developed to protect us from CLEARLY unnecessary firearms and criminal purchase of a personal arsonal.



Pardon my language but this pisses me off so badly that my first reaction was, "I hope someone tries to assasinate one of these robed oracles with a handgun on the steps of the Supreme Court Building!" I am NOT calling for the murder of ANYONE or even an attempt but I feel that if THEY were the victim of gun violence, the Supreme Nine might see things QUITE differently!



No veto. No congressional quaram. No vote on this travesty! We just have to live with it - at least I HOPE we can given that murder rates are going to join crude oil prices in RECORD breaking increases!



Now if you'll excuse me, I have to place on online order for a Tomahawk Cruise Missle - I figure that if anyone thousands of miles away even thinks about harming me or a member of my family I need to be prepared to defend them or myself!



In Heaven, Charlton Heston is smiling and laughing his eternal ass off!

No comments: